Here are the COVID-19 Travel Guidelines For Uganda and Rwanda that are meant to guide you in properly planning for your safari in Uganda. Feel free to contact us at any time should you need any more clarification on the same.
Countries have been classified into categories in Uganda.
Category 1: India only
Category 2: United States of America (USA), United Kingdom (UK), United Arab Emirates (UAE), Turkey, South Africa, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan and Tanzania.
Travelers from category 1 have been banned from coming into Uganda.
So the clients from countries that belong to category 2 will be subjected to mandatory PCR COVID-19 test at their own cost of US$ 65 per person at the points of entry including Entebbe Airport.
It is important to note that travelers who have their full COVID-19 Vaccination and are asymptomatic will be allowed into the country without the need of testing on arrival.
TRAVEL INFORMATION TO AND FROM UGANDA
DEPARTING PASSENGERS FROM UGANDA
All passengers will be required to meet the following guidelines prior to the departure
- Present authentic and valid COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test certificate issued with 120 hours before travel
- Always wear a face mask appropriately within the terminal
- Passengers and airport users will be subjected to temperature screening on the entry to the airport and departure hall
- In special circumstances where passengers are not required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate in the country of destination, such passengers should ensure that they have a clearance from the destination country so as to be allowed to board.
- Maintain a social distance of 1.5 meters apart from each other within the terminal
- Only passengers and airport users with official business in the terminal will be allowed access to the airport
- Passengers are advised to arrive at the airport at least 4 hours before scheduled flight
- Airport users are encouraged to sanitize after touching surfaces or documents
ARRIVING PASSENGERS TO UGANDA
All international arrivals will be required to meet the following guidelines on arrival at Entebbe International Airport.
- Possession of an authentic Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test certificate of COVID-19 from an accredited laboratory in the country of origin issued within 120 hours before boarding the aircraft in-bound to Uganda
- Airlines shall not board any passenger coming to Uganda without a negative COVID-19 PCR test shall be denied entry and the airline shall be obliged to take back the passenger.
- A passenger who exhibits signs and symptoms of an infectious disease shall be transported in an ambulance to an isolation centre (Entebbe Referral Hospital) for a COVID-19 test. The result shall be returned within 24-48 hours as the passengers remains in an isolation centre
- In case a foreign national tests COVID-19 positive and wishes to be repatriated for treatment in another facility outside Uganda, this shall be done at their cost following COVID-19 medical evacuation protocols.
- Passengers shall be subjected to temperature screening on entry to the arrival hall
- All passengers will be screened for any other signs for infectious diseases by the port health team
- Passengers shall scan finger prints under instruction of the immigration officer, but will be required to hand sanitize before and after.
Feel free to contact us at anytime for more information about COVID-19 Travel Guidelines For Uganda.
RWANDA COVID-19 ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE INFORMATION
ENTRY / ARRIVAL REQUIREMENTS TO RWANDA
- All clients to Rwanda must present a negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate valid within 72 hours upon arrival at Kigali International Airport or before their initial flight to Rwanda. We encourage visitors to carry their printed copy of their negative test results on their flight to Rwanda.
- Another COVID-19 test will be taken upon your arrival to Rwanda after presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate.
- Clients will pay the expense of their COVID-19 test.
- Travelers will be quarantined upon arrival on the designated transit hotels as they wait for their COVID-19 results within 24 hours. Contact for designated hotel details and bookings.
- Before travel to Rwanda, passengers must fill out a Passenger Locator Form. To fill out this form, passengers must be able to provide passport information, travel details, negative PCR COVID-19 test results, and a booking confirmation at one of the designated hotels for 24-hour quarantine upon arrival.
DURING YOUR RWANDA SAFARIS
All measures announced by the ministry of health must be followed at all times as follows
- Frequent hand-washing and sanitizing
- Proper wearing of face masks in public,
- Maintaining safe social distance from others (at least one meter apart).
- Regular temperature screening of all guests at different visitor attractions and hotels
- Visitors are required to use cashless transaction methods at all times while on safari
- Cleaning and disinfecting tourist vehicles and boats will regularly do before and after use. Keeping vehicle occupancy at 50% for effective physical distancing.
EXIT / DEPARTURE REQUIREMENTS FROM RWANDA
- Travelers departing from Rwanda must test negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours before departure, and are encouraged to book and pay for their tests at least two days prior to departure.
- Clients will pay the expense of their COVID-19 test.
- Clients will be guided by our office staff to take the departure test in designated tourists’ destinations like Musanze, Nyagatare, Nyamasheke, Rwamagana and Rubavu.
- Tests are also done in Kigali especially at Amahoro Stadium “Petit Stade” in Remera and the Rwanda Biomedical Centre Gikondo Branch.